The Debit Card Reward Program is a cash back reward available by using your debit card as described below at participating businesses.
Types of Offers
There are two types of offers:
Loyalty offer – offer given by a merchant where consumer already shops
E.g. shop at Store X and get an offer from Store X
Conquesting offer – offer given by a competing merchant of a merchant where consumer already shops
E.g. shop at Store X and get an offer from Store Y
There are two ways to redeem offers; an offer will specify one or both:
In-store offer – must shop at the actual store.
Online offer – must make the purchase online
Offers typically include:
- A promotional period
- A reward amount
- A condition to qualify for the reward (e.g. spend $15 and get $3 back – must spend the $15)
- Note that a general, unstated condition is that consumer must always use the debit card tied to the reward
- Load an Offer:
- Consumer MUST click on it must load the offer in order to redeem it
- also needs to click the offer to see all of the pertinent information; if they don’t click, they’ll probably miss something.
- Redeem an Offer:
- must spend the minimum amount, at the correct merchant, within the offer period
- simply uses the debit card associated with the account that received the offer
- Nothing happens differently at the point of sale
- Rewards will typically display 2-3 days after purchase, but may take longer. Even if a transaction doesn’t post until after the offer period, it will still redeem because the redemption is based on the day the transaction occurred, not the day the transaction posted.
- Get Reward Deposit:
- Rewards are credited at the end of the next month. If the offer is redeemed in October, the reward will be deposited at the end of November.
- Because we don’t share consumers’ private information, we are unable to credit the account immediately.
Managing Offers & Account
Where do Offers Appear?
- On line banking home page in the FCCU Purchase Rewards Widget, also in a Widget in the checking account history
- Rewards summary page
Offers are tied to a specific account, so they will only appear on the account details screen for that account.
To view all offers for an account, click any of the widget links. This takes consumer to the Rewards Summary screen. This screen has three tabs:
- Recent Offers: Click on any new offer to load it as well as see the details
- Expired Offers: See offers you missed
- Rewards Earned: Lists the amounts deposited or to be deposited for the current and past 2 months.
How to Opt Out of Receiving Offers
From On-line Banking, inside your checking account history, you will see the Widget with the option for FCCU Purchase Reward Preferences. A Member can turn off the program in the preferences. To opt back in, there are links on the Home and History Page widgets.